Senior Software Developer
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Responsible for developing and maintaining core software platforms including Coretex 360, Coretex IBRIGHT and Integration APIs.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Senior Software Developer may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Develop and maintain the Coretex 360 platform.
- Develop and maintain the Coretex IBRIGHT platform.
- Help develop any new product or platform the company decides on doing.
- Assist with deployment of software environments.
- Building and deploying softwares.
- Work with the team lead and project manager to manage timeframes and deliverable planning.
- Work with the solution architect to produce and understand system architecture.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Programming/software development - Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development. Plans and drives software construction activities. Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security. Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Real-time/embedded systems development - Develops real-time/embedded software architectures and designs to meet agreed systems specifications within resource constraints due to power, cost, physical space, response time and reliability. Selects programming languages, models, techniques, specialised tools and hardware to enable the design, development, debugging and validation of real-time/embedded software. Plans and manages real- time/embedded systems developments. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options and trade-offs between hardware and software, makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks. Validates and verifies other’s designs to ensure selection of appropriate components and efficient use of resources. Investigates the impact of software requirements with complementary hardware and other related disciplines such as electrics, electronics, mechanics, acoustics, physiology and optics.
- Software design - Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate software design methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Specifies and designs large or complex software components. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options, makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks. Specifies prototypes/simulations to enable informed decision making. Evaluates the quality of others' systems designs to ensure adherence to standards and identifies corrective action, if needed. Ensures that the system design balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements. Contributes to development of organisational software design and architecture policies and standards.
- Applying expertise and technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needd to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quanityt. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable.
Previous relevant experience a .Net development role is essential. Previous SAAS experience is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing NZ technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Grafton, Auckland
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.